A friend of mine said she was shopping for a 28″ inseam jean for her 14-year-old son recently, and had a hard time finding something short enough for him that also had a small enough waist. Since my son is 13 and topping out of kid sizes, I started looking for the best stores for men’s shorter inseam lengths for him, too. A good portion of our sales at SearchByInseam.com are for men’s jeans in 26-28″ inseams. Besides teenagers, there are also plenty of men with shorter inseam lengths because the average American male is just under 5’10” tall. Although someone with below average height doesn’t necessarily have a below average inseam length, it is often correlated. No matter what your height, it’s important to know your inseam length, and we tell you how to measure your inseam length here.
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted about the best brands for shorter mean’s inseams (this post first appeared in 2018), so here’s an updated list with the best stores for men’s shorter inseam lengths:
- SearchByInseam.com. We may be biased, but this is the best place to shop for shorter inseam lengths – or any inseam length, for that matter. The site allows you to search multiple sellers for your exact inseam and waist size, saving you time and money. You can also select your favorite brands and price range, as well as shop for jeans, pants, shorts, or workout pants.
- Express.com. While there is a small selection of men’s 28″ inseam jeans and pants, Express does usually have them. You can search by waist, inseam, and style. This store offers free shipping on orders over $50 and free returns.
- OldNavy.com. Old Navy’s shortest men’s jeans and pants have a 28″ inseam length. Shipping is free on all orders over $50 if you are a rewards member (it’s free to join) and $9 on orders if you’re not a rewards member. It pays to sign up! Returns are free on all orders. You’ll often see sales from this seller as well.
- Gap.com. Men’s short jeans at Gap start at a 28″ inseam length. Like Old Navy, shipping is free on orders over $50 for rewards members (it’s free to join) and $9 on orders if you’re not a member. So, it pays to sign up! Returns are free on every order.
- BananaRepublic.com. Banana Republic also starts their short men’s jeans with an inseam length of 28 inches. You’ll get free shipping on orders over $50 for rewards members (it’s free to join) and $9 on orders if you’re not a member. Therefore, it pays to sign up! Returns are free on all orders.
- Amazon.com. Amazon just recently got into the clothing market, and even more recently launched their own clothing brand! Amazon Essentials is a great brand for men with shorter inseam lengths because the jeans come in a 28″ length. In addition, you’ll also find the reliable Lee and Levi’s brands, some styles with 28″ inseam lengths. Look for free Prime shipping and a free 7-day try-on available for some products. Free returns.
- Lands’ End. Lands’ End has the shortest men’s jeans I’ve ever found! Their inseam lengths start at just 26″ and go up every half inch – for example 26.25″, 26.5″, 26.75″ and so on. They also carry a men’s 27″ inseam, which is super rare. Shipping is free on orders over $99 and returns are free.
- Nordstrom. While you don’t often find men’s jeans in inseams shorter than 30″ here, the store offers free alterations so you can hem jeans as short as you want. Nordstrom has free shipping and returns, plus an awesome rewards program that gives you free alterations and Nordy Notes. It’s a free program and totally worth signing up for here.
Hopefully this list helps you find men’s shorter inseam jeans in 26-28″. Let us know in the comments if there are any other stores you’ve found that carry these shorter lengths. Happy shopping! Post contains affiliate links.