July’s issue of Real Simple magazine has some good tips on caring for your white jeans (p. 96). Since they are the perfect summer staple, it pays to put a bit more effort into keeping them pristine. Of course, if you haven't yet found the perfect pair of white jeans, head over to SearchByInseam.com.
1. Before the first wear, spray all over with Scotchgard to ward off stains.
2. Be careful about pairing your jeans with a dark indigo jacket or a bright canvas handbag. Dyes may rub off on the white denim.
3. Wear just once or twice between washings. Overwearing without laundering causes a grayish tint.
4. Wash with other whites in warm water. Don’t overload the machine, since that can keep garments from rinsing thoroughly, and detergent residue can lead to yellowing.
5. If the jeans are still dingy after washing, soak them in warm water with a capful of color-safe bleach for 30 minutes.