In looking to see how people found SearchByInseam.com recently, I noticed many entered the search terms “short mens jeans.” While we’ve carried short inseams for men and women for several years, this was the first time we’d seen a high demand for short men’s jeans. People were specifically looking for men’s jeans in 26″ inseams, 27″ inseams, and 28″ inseam lengths, so I’m going to focus on these lengths for this post. It’s pretty cool to see demand grow in a new category! So for all you short men out there, or people shopping for shorter men’s inseams, this is for you. 😉
Best Brands for Short Men’s Jeans
At Search By Inseam, we carry a good selection of brands that make shorter length jeans for men. These include Express, Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Lands’ End, and Levi’s. Eddie Bauer used to have men’s jeans that started at a 20″ inseam length, but they don’t anymore. I don’t know if they were testing the market to see what the demand actually was for inseam lengths that were that short or what… But I do know we had customers buying them. Here’s a little more about each brand that currently carries men’s short inseam lengths:
- Express: Express’ short men’s jeans start at a 28″ inseam length. The brand is high on style and trends. You can also find classics like bootcut and straight leg as well. This brand’s sales are typically buy-one-get-one 50% off. The price point is generally less than $90. Men’s inseam lengths go from 28-36 inches in 2-inch intervals.
- Old Navy: The length of Old Navy’s short men’s jeans start at 28 inches. Most jeans are under $40 and they are often on sale. Old Navy jeans range in inseam length from 28-36″ and go up 2 inches at a time.
- Gap: Gap is another men’s jean brand that goes from a 28″ inseam length to a 36″ inseam length in 2-inch increments. Most men’s jeans are under $80, though premium styles can cost over $100.
- Banana Republic: Banana Republic has a lot of men’s slim and skinny jean styles right now. This brand starts its men’s short inseams at 28″ and goes up to a tall 36″ inseam.
- Lands’ End: Lands’ End is cool because the men’s jeans inseam lengths start at 26″ and go up by .25″. So you can order a pair of short men’s jeans with a 26″, 26.25″, 26.5″, 26.75″, 27″, 27.25″, 27.5″, 27.75″, or 28″ inseam. The inseams go all the way up to 36″, so tall men like this brand as well. This brand is high on quality and is periodically on sale.
- Levi’s: Good old Levi’s! I think everyone has owned a pair by this brand at one point or another. Some styles of Levi’s come in a men’s 28″ inseam length. It can be difficult to figure out which style is made in a shorter inseam length, but we make it easy at SearchByInseam.com. Just select your inseam length and set the brand you want to search for as Levi’s, and we’ll show you everything that matches your criteria.
Have you found any other brands of men’s jeans that come in shorter inseam lengths less than 29″? If so, please tell us in the comments below. Thanks!